07 January 2009

PRINT "HELLO WORLD"


Hey everybody! Welcome to my "blog", or whatever. meh.

I've decided that perhaps i should write more, get my name out, and maybe I can get paid for it one day. A Tom Wolfe arrangement would be ideal. Hunter S. Thompson had a good thing going, too. I'd go for a David Foster Wallace thing, but I LIKE a bit of ambiguity in my writing. But hey, I'd even go for syndicated columnist, or even a feature writer for a paper.

Now, I've been published before. Twice, actually. But I've yet to get a cut of cabbage for a column, if you can catch the concept I'm chucking.

I've just realized this comes off as a bit desperate; a pathetic plea for remuneration. It was not meant to be, but the difficulty of of bluntness is the risk of seeming insolent. Again, meh.

Anyways, this is all to say that the first two posts are pieces that I have here previously appeared in slightly different form in RVAmag. Both are about the band GWAR; the first on their art show at Artspace Gallery in Richmond Jan 06, the second in anticipation of their appearance at The National in May 08. As I am the one who wrote them, I reserve my intellectual property rights, and republish them here; thanks are due to all the staff of that magazine (PAY ME! (just kidding(or am i?))) for taking the risk and publishing a talented writer (for once(kidding!(really!))) and allowing him to indulge a near-fanboy obsession with a rock band TWICE(see "PAY ME" et. al.), and in advance for their blessings in republishing here, and to perform any edits i see fit. This, of course, is not to mention the thanks due to the people thanked in the articles themselves.

POST SCRIPT: more formatting to come laterz. i just wanna get this shiz up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment